Men's First Team
National League South · Att: 643 Sat 27 August Saunders Transport Community Stadium
Bath City
  • Fletcher (49')

Farnborough made a bright start straight from kick-off when Reggie Young’s chipped cross into the box caused confusing amongst the visiting backline and Liam Ferdinand carved out a low shot which was held by goalkeeper Joe Wright.

A minute later and there was a chance at the other end as Bath City striker Alex Fletcher controlled a pass from the right which took him into the box but his low shot bobbled wide of the far post.

Straight from a Boro attack Bath City looked to hit the hosts on the counter attack on ten minutes but Dan Hayfield’s shot from just inside box sailed wide of the goal.

Two minutes later and a chance was fashioned at the Moor Road End as Ricky Holmes dug out a cross from the left to striker Tony Lee whose header bounced wide.

A mistake in the Farnborough defence handed Bath City a cheap corner which was taken quickly and the resulting cross was met by the head of visiting Captain Kieran Parselle’s but his first-time effort flew over the bar.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 0 Bath City 0

Boro were undone four minutes after the interval when a Joe Wright clearance was flicked on and caught out centre-backs Jack Ball and Adeoye Olumuyiwa. Bath City’s Scott Wilson raced into the left channel and helped the ball it on its way to strike partner Alex Fletcher who took his time to unleash an emphatic finish into the top right-hand corner from outside the box.

Now in search of an equaliser, Farnborough had to up their game and came close when Sam Deering beat Bath City’s Chris Lines’ to the ball outside the box before his curling shot was parried away by Joe Wright.

On the seventy minute mark it was almost two when Dan Hayfield and Alex Fletcher exchanged passes and the latter drove a low strike across goal that was turned goal-bound by Cody Cooke but goalkeeper Jack Turner made an incredible save from close range.

With five minutes remaining Bath City were looking to kill the game off but were denied once again by Jack Turner who kept out Alex Fletcher’s stinging strike at the near post after the match-winner broke into the box.

After seven minutes of injury time, Referee Kirsty Dowle blew for full-time to signal back-to-back defeats for Spencer Day’s Farnborough, while Bath City maintained their unbeaten away record.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 0 Bath City 1

Att: 643