Men's First Team
The Emirates FA Cup Second Round Qualifying · Att: 425 Sat 17 September Saunders Transport Community Stadium
  • Young (8')
Hayes & Yeading United
  • Miles (25')

Luca Scatola’s Match Report from Farnborough’s clash with Hayes & Yeading United in The Emirates FA Cup Second Round Qualifying.

The game began after a minute’s silence, followed by the National Anthem commemorating the loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

Straight off the bat Farnborough were pressing high and dominating Hayes. Their hard work paid off as in the ninth minute Reggie Young picked up the ball on the right wing and shimmied past Brophy before bending it into the bottom left corner from a tight angle.

Ten minutes later, Turner started off a counter attack by kicking the ball long to Fernandes, who took a touch and played it into the feet of Ferdinand. Through on goal, he swung at it but connected poorly and Adams saved the attempt with ease.

On the 25th minute mark, a long ball from Hayes goalkeeper Adams made its way to Emmanuel, who played it through to Miles. In a one-on-one situation Turner rushed out of goal, however Miles remained composed and slotted calmly past the keeper to level the scoring. The score stayed the same with the first half ending at 1-1.

HALF TIME: Farnborough 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1

Shortly after the break, Kasimu ran the ball down the wing, getting past two players, and played a dangerous ball across the face of goal. Fernandes was in the middle but couldn’t adjust in time, and the ball rolled out for a throw.

After this Hayes changed things up, bringing Nasha on for Bettamer and Miles off for ex Boro midfielder Paul Hodges.

Around the 80 minute mark, Kasimu cushioned a header down to Leacock-McLeod, who dribbled fantastically leaving two of the Hayes defenders in his dust. He looked up and crossed it to Ferdinand, who was free in the box. However, the cross was overhit and only just got away from the striker.

With the score still 1-1, it was a very cagey final ten minutes. There were no clear-cut chances until the 94th minute, where Grant attempted to lob the keeper from close range with the last kick of the game. However, Adams tipped it over and the game ended 1-1.

FULL TIME: Farnborough 1 Hayes & Yeading United 1

Att: 425

The Replay will take place at Hayes & Yeading United on Tuesday (20 September).