Men's First Team
National League South · Att: 624 Tue 14 March Saunders Transport Community Stadium
  • Norville-Williams (76')
  • Parsons (82')
Havant & Waterlooville
  • Faal (22')
  • McCarthy (93')

Tuesday night’s game was a Hampshire derby against Havant & Waterlooville, writes Luca Scatola.

On the back of a defeat at the weekend, Boro looked to take all three points on their return to the Easy As HGV Stadium.

It was a brilliant start from the hosts, with free-flowing football on show. However, there were no real chances for either side in the opening 20 minutes.

It was Havant & Waterlooville who took the lead with 22 minutes played; through a calm finish from Mo Faal. Ethan Burnett played a brilliant ball over the top and Faal ran through and slotted cooly past Turner.

Farnborough almost equalised instantly. Kevin Lokko had a strike deflected narrowly wide. Shortly afterwards, Robinson then sent one of his infamous long throws into the box which fell to Saied, however his volley was caught by Sharman-Lowe.

Boro saw the majority of possession for the rest of the half; however they couldn’t provide an answer to Faal’s early strike and finished the first half 1-0 down.

HALF-TIME: Farnborough 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville

Ten minutes into the second period, Robinson’s throw-ins were causing havoc in the Havant & Waterlooville box again. This time, his throw bounced over the first defender into a dangerous area, however nobody was there to tap home.

Not too long after this, Boro equalised through Jordan Norville-Williams. The full-back took a gamble and shot from 25 yards, and it paid off as the ball ricocheted off Nembhard’s foot and nestled into the bottom left corner.

Farnborough were really in their stride now with chances coming thick and fast, and just minutes after the equaliser Boro took the lead through Parsons, who faced Sharman-Lowe in a one-on-one situation. Parsons stayed composed and chipped the keeper with a cute half-volley that looped into the back of the net.

The Yellows stayed dominant in possession and looked to bring the tempo of the game down and see the game out.

In the final minute of the game, the three points were within touching distance for Farnborough who had performed very well and deserved a win. However, it was heartbreak for Boro as in the dying moments McCarthy smashed the ball past Turner to equal the game in the 93rd minute.

FULL-TIME: Farnborough 2-2 Havant & Waterlooville

Att: 624